Monday, April 2, 2012

The Merrimack Mommy Chornicles: Yes, I Drive A Mini-Van and I'm Still Hot!

“Who knew laughing could be so therapeutic?”

I mean, I knew it, but don’t think I really understood it until I went to see Motherhood the Musical with my friends this past weekend. I literally “LOL’d” over, and over, and over again. And my eyes welled up with tears with the moments that made me miss my mom who passed a year ago now.

It’s the good, the bad, and the indifferent – the reality of being a mom. It’s the healthy balance of laughing to keep from crying, wondering how you even got in the position of being someone’s “mommy”, and the glorious moments that take your breath away. Whether you planned it or not, read a manual or not, we all share the commonality of “mommyhood”. And man, could I relate to every moment of this well written musical on the truthful depiction of “moms” from several lenses.

I won’t give it all away, but I laughed so hard when they did the song about being a “hot mama driving a mini-van”. My husband and I often wonder to this day what made us get a mini-van. At the time, we had two babies under 2 years old, and it had the most glamorous perk of all time to us: (cue heavenly music) – the DVD Player!

We said to ourselves, “Wow, the crying will actually stop when all we want to do is drive down the street to the supermarket!” And before even looking at the model of the car and how it would significantly age us and disqualify us for “cool” status, we signed on the dotted line and entered immediately into “soccer mom” status minus the team.

And as most people know me, I still wear my 5 inch stilettos, wedges, and the sort, all while (yes) driving my mini-van. Too funny. We have now come to our senses, and realize that our next car of choice, will not be the min-van at all – no disrespect, as it has truly served a wonderful purpose in our lives.

You still have one week of shows left to purchase your tickets! So, come on all you mini-van drivers and cross over vehicle owners! I need all the “hot mamas” in mini-vans to buy their tickets to the funniest show of the season. You’ll be glad you did.

Call our offices at 256.534.6455 or go online at www.merrimackhall.com/motherhood and reserve your spot today! Today is the last day; don't miss out!

Yours in “Hot Mama Mini-Van Status”

Kristen

No comments: